Title: Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Director: Michael Bay
Writer(s): Ehren Kruger
Staring: Shia LaBeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Josh Duhamel, Patrick Dempsey, Frances McDormand, Voices: Peter Cullen, Hugo Weaving, Leonard Nimoy
MPAA Rating:PG-13 for intense prolonged sequences of sci-fi action violence, mayhem and destruction, and for language, some sexuality and innuendo
Running Time: 157 min
Synopsis: The Autobots learn of a Cybertronian spacecraft hidden on the Moon, and race against the Decepticons to reach it and to learn its secrets
What Others Are Saying?
Rotten Tomatoes: T-Meter: 36% (Rotten), Top Critics: 26% (Rotten), Audience: 90% (Like It)
Metacritic: Critics: 42 out of 100, Users: 6.1 out of 10
MRQE Metric: 47 out of 100
Yahoo Movies: Critics: C Users: A-
Source Material: Based on Hasbro toys
- Action Elements: An awesome but awful amount of action. There is a lot of action its a Michael Bay film. With every Michael Bay film there at least 100 explosions. Some scene are visual simulating and are pretty cool but after sometime it becomes a bit boring.
- Comedy Elements: One liners and small amount of comic relief, insert Sam's parents. I don't think the filmmaker where focusing on comedy this go around, because it more or less a war film.
- Dramatic Elements: Most if not all the actors need acting lessons...not really...but I'm not to far off...but again its a Michael Bay film. The film tried some dramatic scenes by using slow motion and "sappy" music.
- Sci-Fi / Fantasy Elements: Umm...Giant Robots fighting over high-tech technology. If that's not Sci-Fi, then I don't know what is...just kidding. Got to love Giant Robots
- Acting and Dialogue: 6: A teen-heart throb, a underwear model, a Hollywood hunk, and "McDreamy" come together in a movie about fighting robots. Add it all up and what do you get...the best movie ever...that's sarcasm. It not the worst acting in the world but if it didn't have some amazing voice actors like Leonard Nimoy it would be very close.
- Art Direction: 7: Most of the film looked good from a art point of view. not the prettiest film but good enough for a summer movie.
- Cinematography: 6.5: In an action film action needs to be captured and be smooth. This is one of the better films from Michael Bay that achieves this aspect. There was still some shaky cam and moments that you don't know what is going on but action and explosions
- Direction: 6.5: If you can't tell already I'm not that big on Michael Bay films. As far as this film goes, It has high octane action but in places its slow and boring...these moment where when the film was trying on drama...but it a Michael Bay film.
- Editing: 7: I did like that the filmmaker made a decision to use a slow motion for "cool-action-sequence" but too much of anything is bad including slow motion.
- Screenplay: 5: The story for me was very weak...I don't expect good storytelling out of an action pact summer blockbuster, but there was so many plot holes I need a shovel to fill them (Brock can I us yours) sorry folk that's was a inside joke...but if your looking for story forget about it.
- Sound and Music: 8: I think all the Transformers movies have had one thing going for them and that is sound mixing/editing and music.
- VFX: 8: The visual effect was good as usual..its also another thing that I can get behind on a Transformers movie.