Title: Django Unchained
Distributor: Weinstein Company
Director: Quentin Tarantino
Writer(s): Quentin Tarantino
Starring: Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio
MPAA Rating: Rated R for strong graphic violence throughout, a vicious fight, language and some nudity.
Running Time: 165 min
Synopsis: With the help of his mentor, a slave-turned-bounty hunter sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal Mississippi plantation owner.
What Others Are Saying?
Rotten Tomatoes: T-Meter: 89% (Fresh), Top Critics: 79% (Rotten), Audience: 94% (Like It)
Metacritic: Critics: 81 out of 100, Users: 8.0 out of 10
MRQE Metric: 80 out of 100
- Action Elements: This film isn't action pack, but it has it far share of action, and blood, and guts ect. Its a a quintessential guys movie, would Tarantino have any other way.
- Comedy Elements: This film inst a comedy by far, but it have a good amount of humorous lines.
- Dramatic Elements: This were the movie takes the cake mainly because Tarantino knows dialogue and how to make well written characters, now more than ever. He seem to even cast the perfect people as well. I hope to see some nomination out this film.
- Sci-Fi / Fantasy Elements: This film is a period piece so the visual effect were in the form of fake blood and gun shots.
- Acting and Dialogue: 9: Most of people who are fans of Quentin Tarantino film knows the man can damn right write good dialogue. Django Unchained is very much his handy work but a bit better. The words coming out the actors mouths fit the character to a tee, more then they did in his earlier work. Heck we started to see this evolution of his work a few years back with Inglourious Basterds. The actors themselves were also golden. I mean Oscar golden.
- Art Direction: 8: Got love the western backdrop meeting with the deep south. There was a good amount of locations most of them fitting the bill for the scene.
- Cinematography: 8.5: With every Quentin Tarantino film there are those special camera choice that seem to end up in everyone of his film. That's not bad it just a signature, and I like it. I think its fun and brings a new perceptive to the scene.
- Direction: 9: I thought the pacing of the film was good. Like most of Tarantino's work the surprising turn around between "acts" was good as always. I personal like a movie every once in while break the mold and step out of it genre and try something new or even crazy.
- Editing: 8: I kind of glad Quentin Tarantino didn't break down in acts like he tends to do. I enjoined the story to unfold for itself.
- Screenplay: 10: I will say it again and again until it becomes untrue Quentin Tarantino makes damn good scripts with well developed characters and stories. What more can you ask for? I typically like Sci-fi movies but nothing comes close to well written movie. I like Sci-fi for the adventure and the fun aspect not necessarily the writing but Tarantino usually provides both fun and great writing.
- Sound and Music: 7: I always think the music choice in Tarantino films are weird but kind of work. The same would be true for this film.
- VFX: 7: The FX in this movie and most of Quentin Tarantino film can be done with prosthetic and fake blood, but making believable is hard part. Dose it really matter if it looks real, when a guy arm gets blown off and more blood then normal appears, I didn't think so.