Monday, September 15, 2008

The Filmmakers

TIM BURTON

25 August 1958, Burbank, California, USA

Tim Burton is a painter; the camera is his paint brush and theater screens are is canvas. Big Fish is still to this day one of my favorite Burton films. This was the film that brought me to the world of Tim Burton. I did see other films by Tim Burton before Big Fish like Edward Scissorhands but Big Fish sealed the deal. The fantasy genre is by far my favorite genre. If I had to pick the king of fantasy I would pick Tim Burton. He knows how to encapsulate fantasy and then relay that information to an audience via a movie. It seems that most people didn’t like Tim Burton’s version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but I disagree. Even though I liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I like Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory better. I hope Burton continues down this path of children novels and fantasy of old. I know he has Alice in Wonderland in the works but I would like to see some Grimm fairy tales put on big screen.

Biography

Filmography


They Shoot Pictures, Don’t They?

No comments: