Monday, October 6, 2008

The Filmmakers

ROLAND EMMERICH

10 November 1955, Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, West Germany

Roland Emmerich is one of those filmmaker people don’t mention. Ever since last week I couldn’t tell you what this guy has directed. With my new project to find one director/filmmaker for each letter of the alphabet I can across Roland Emmerich to represent the letter “E”. As I did research on him I realized have scene my far share of Emmerich films, most of which I enjoyed; films like The Day After Tomorrow and Independence Day. Sometimes you have to look past Steven Spielberg and Tim Burton to find greatness. I am not say Roland Emmerich is the greatest filmmaker to ever live or that he rains supreme to filmmakers like Steven Spielberg and Tim Burton. I saying you can find enjoyable films from lesser know directors, and Roland Emmerich is one of those types of directors.

Biography

Filmography

They Shoot Pictures, Don’t They?

No comments: