Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Filmmakers

STANLEY KUBRICK

26 July 1928, New York, New York, USA

Stanley Kubrick only fits into my quest to find one director/ filmmaker per letter of the alphabet. I not saying I hate Stanley Kubrick’s work it just I haven’t even seen the half of it. I mean out of his whole filmography I have only seen The Shining and 2001: A Space Odyssey. I been meaning to see A Clockwork Orange but it just hasn’t happened. I just going to say he made a great run while he was still alive. He may be known as one of the greatest filmmakers to live but he doesn’t fit into my top ten. The people who know me know that I am a Fantasy/ Sci-Fi type of guy. With that being said, 2001: A Space Odyssey is the only film of his I respect, except for A.I.: Artificial Intelligence which was more of a Steven Spielberg film but Stanley Kubrick was given a posthumous producing credit. Like I said before it not that I don’t like Stanley Kubrick is that I haven’t gotten to know his work.

Biography

Filmography

They Shoot Pictures, Don’t They?

No comments: