Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Filmmakers

CHRISTOPHER NOLAN

30 July 1970, London, England, UK

I was going to do Frank Miller but I realized even though he co-directed Sin City and directed The Spirit, he is more of a graphic novelist…and great one at that. So I decided to skip him and move on to a greater filmmaker, Christopher Nolan. It really hard to find a bad film that has Christopher Nolan name on it, granted he only has seven films on his Filmography. As most of you know I am a Sci-Fi/ Fantasy fan leaning more toward Fantasy. So when I say I also like Comic Book movies, you may be think, that not a
stretches. Out of the pantheon of Comic Book movies I prefer Marvel over D.C. I say this to bring the point that Christopher Nolan brought out a different kind of love for D.C. via Batman. Even thought Batman Begins wasn’t my first Christopher Nolan film, which would be Memento; It was Batman Begins that made me a fan of Christopher Nolan’s work. I also like a good mind boggling Drama, anything that make you think or question your very being (religion, philosophy, or belief system). With Christopher Nolan knack of no-linear-storytelling he can put up a good fight for a great good mind boggling drama, case and point, Memento or even The Prestige. As Christopher Nolan’s career progresses his work gets better, look at his latest film if you don’t believe me, The Dark Knight, the sequel to Batman Begins. It is filmmaking skills like Christopher Nolan that places some like him in my top ten all time favorite filmmakers.

Biography

Filmography

They Shoot Pictures, Don’t They?

No comments: