Monday, January 12, 2009

Best of 2008: That I Have Seen

Now that 2009 is well on its way and award season is inching closer to its end, I decided to make my best of 2008 list. Since I didn’t have the opportunity to see the entire list of movies that have been featured in this years “Award Season,” I can’t tell you the best of the best. So I will do the next best thing, take the top categories and a few of my favorites and tell you what I think is the best of the best from what I have seen.

Best Picture: “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”
Actor in a Leading Role: Clint Eastwood “Gran Torino” but I give kudos to Robert Downey Jr. for “Iron Man” &“Tropic Thunder”
Actor in a Supporting Role: Heath Ledger "The Dark Knight"
Actress in a Leading Role: Angelina Jolie "Changeling"
Actress in a Supporting Role: Elizabeth Banks (All Around)
Directing: I will give it to David Fincher "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" but Christopher Nolan "The Dark Knight" would be a close second.
Cinematography: TIE: The Dark Knight & The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Visual Effects: The two big summer comic book movies: The Dark Knight & Iron Man, I thank Iron Man has more of an edge over The Dark Knight.
Art Direction: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Make-Up: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Costume Design: Changeling, I would give it to The Dutchess but I didn’t see this movie.
Animated Feature Film: WALL-E

No comments: