Monday, August 17, 2009

Review: The Time Traveler's Wife

Powered by IMDB

Title: The Time Traveler's Wife
Distributor: Industry Entertainment (Warner Bros.)
Director: Robert Schwentke
Writer(s): Bruce Joel Rubin (screenplay), Audrey Niffenegger (novel)
Staring: Eric Bana, Rachel McAdams
MPAA Rating: Rated PG-13 for thematic elements, brief disturbing images, nudity and sexuality.
Running Time: 107 min (1 hr and 47 min)
Synopsis:
A romantic drama about a Chicago librarian with a gene that causes him to involuntarily time travel, and the complications it creates for his marriage.

Other Reviews

Critics:

Roger Ebert: 2 ½ Stars
Michael Phillips: 2 Stars
EW: Owen Gleiberman: B-

Other Sites:

At The Movies: Ben Mankiewicz: NA, Ben Lyons: NA
Rotten Tomatoes: T-Meter: 36% (Rotten), Top Critics: 29% (Rotten), RT Community: 73% (Fresh)
Metacritic: Critics: 45 out of 100, Users: 7.5 out of 10
MRQE Metric: 51: (0.0% A, 27.7% B, 44.5% C, 22.5% D, and 4.0% F)
Yahoo Movies: Critics: C+ Users: B+

My Review

Source Material: Based on a book with same title written by Audrey Niffenegger.

Acting and Dialogue: B+: I did like both leads. Eric Bana puts out a good performances for most of his roles, like wise for Rachel McAdams.

Art Direction: B: I like the garden scenes the most or any scene that highlighted nature.

Cinematography: B: I felt like the film did alright overall.

Direction: B: Robert Schwentke is still kind of new at filmmaking. The only film of his besides this one I have scene/ heard of is Flightplan...so his newness shows.

Screenplay: C: I am going to bet the book is way better because I didn't get a emotional connection toward the characters and or the story.

Sound and Music: C: not very noticable, in my opinion.

VFX: B: I liked the disappearing acted but it got to repetitive.

Overall: B-: The best way to enjoy this film will most likely be on a date because of the romantic fell of the film. But I don't think I could recommended it as a stand alone film.

No comments: