Saturday, April 9, 2011

Graphics In Movies vs. Video Games

I'm by far a film fan. My favorite type of film usually come from the genres of Sci-Fi and Fantasy films. With this being said I have seen my far share of special effect (SFX) everything from claymation to computer generated images (CGI). From being a well seasoned Sci-Fi and Fantasy film fan I can say that film graphics is getting better every day, but is it really getting better? I mean yes we have break through in cimea graphic with movies like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Avatar, but that all they are major break through. It seems these film of these caliber take about five years to be made if not longer. So what I'm saying is these breakthrough take quite a bit of time to make. Once one of these new technology is created it seems it takes a good decade or more to find a new and better invention in computer graphics when it come to film. The new craze is 3-D and most of these movies are animated film made for children. Don't get me wrong I like animated film especially Pixar films but I would like to see story made for for big people, like in video games. This were I segway into the graphics of video games. I believe that these graphic are really innovative. I'm not much of a gamer but I have dappled in games such as World of Warcraft and Civilization 5 witch has awesome graphics. I know these game also take years to make but unlike movies a new engine is invented for very new game. Were getting to point were video game such as Crysis and Crysis 2 have such good graphics they have been rumored to crash NASA computers. In my opinion that pretty damn good. Why can't we use the technology that NVIDIA and other computer graphics companies are developing in movies and use the crappy cartoon animation for children in video game. I'm just saying video games are mainly for kids right.

No comments: