Monday, May 11, 2015

What Do My Ratings Mean?

John Campea, Editor-In-Chief of AMC Movie New, posted an editorial video on how he reviews movies. I bring this up because I have a similar system when I review movies. For those of you who have been following me over the years know I use to grade movies using the common scale 90, 80, 70, 60 (A, B, C, D, or F) to judge films. I soon didn't like that system and switch to a numerical system (1 to 10). I want to further explain my system. 

0 = Worst of the Worst 
1 = Garbage, or Hated It 
2 = Awful, or Terrible
3 = Bad, or Disliked It 
4 = Poor 
5 = I Don’t Know, Not Sure, Indifferent 
6 = Average, Decent, or Okay 
7 = Good, Enjoyed It, or Liked It 
8 = Great, Grand, Wonderful 
9 = Awesome, Excellent, or Loved It 
10 = Perfection, or Oscar Worthy 

 Hopefully this is a useful tool for understanding my metric of reviewing movies.

No comments: