Title: Cop Out
Distributor: Warner Bros. Pictures Fox
Director: Kevin Smith
Writer(s): Robb Cullen (written by) & Mark Cullen (written by)
Staring: Bruce Willis, Tracy Morgan
MPAA Rating: Rated R for pervasive language including sexual references, violence and brief sexuality.
Running Time: 107 min
Synopsis: A comedy about a veteran NYPD cop whose rare baseball card is stolen. Since it's his only hope to pay for his daughter's upcoming wedding, he recruits his partner to track down the thief, a memorabilia-obsessed gangster.
What Others Are Saying?
Rotten Tomatoes: T-Meter: 20% (Rotten), Top Critics: 21% (Rotten), RT Community: 63% (Fresh)
Metacritic: Critics: 32 out of 100, Users: 4.0 out of 10
MRQE Metric: 37: (0.0% A, 10.2% B, 46.7% C, 31.5% D, and 11.5% F)
Yahoo Movies: Critics: C Users: B
Source Material: Original screenplay written by brothers Mark and Robb Cullen
- Action Elements: With being a comedy about cops their is some action sequence but they more slapsticky cause the comedy aspect of the film.
- Comedy Elements: There are a few one-liners that got the whole theater laughing but these happen mainly in the opening credits .
- Dramatic Elements: Umm not so much, they actually make fun of melodramatic moments in movies.
- Sci-Fi / Fantasy Elements: No shiney Sci-fi elements this time.
- Acting and Dialogue: B-: The strongest actor was Bruce Wills but the strongest comedic performer was Sean William Scott. Tracy Morgan wast as annoy as he usually is in movies. There some great one liners, and pop culture references
- Art Direction: C-: Nothing too fancy here
- Cinematography: C-: Agian nothing too fancy here
- Direction: B: Kevin Smith is very good at asembling a good comdey, this was good but there was some chemistry missing. Maybe that because he not using his normal comic players
- Editing: C: Nothing special
- Screenplay: B: The story wasn't half bad, a bit cliche but it work for a comedy
- Sound and Music: C: I wasn't the biggest fan
- VFX: NA not enough to commit on
Moral and Ethical Value:
- Themes: Friendship, "A Couple of Dicks"
- Moral of the Story: Friends stick up for each other together even in the hard times, I got your back
- Take Home: A couple of laughs, that's about it.
Overall: C: Even thought I liked this film for it comedy aspects it relay suck every else.