Title: Shutter Island
Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Director: Martin Scorsese
Writer(s): Laeta Kalogridis (screenplay), Dennis Lehane (novel)
Staring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo
MPAA Rating: Rated R for disturbing violent content, language and some nudity.
Running Time: 138 min
Synopsis: Drama is set in 1954, U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels is investigating the disappearance of a murderess who escaped from a hospital for the criminally insane and is presumed to be hiding on the remote Shutter Island. .
What Others Are Saying?
Rotten Tomatoes: T-Meter: 66% (Fresh), Top Critics: 62% (Fresh), RT Community: 87% (Fresh)
Metacritic: Critics: 62 out of 100, Users: 7.1 out of 10
MRQE Metric: 71: (26.3% A, 46.3% B, 20.9% C, 5.0% D, and 0.0% F)
Yahoo Movies: Critics: NA Users: B
Source Material: Baed on a book with the same title by author Dennis Lehane
- Action Elements: There are some action sequence but this film is more dramatically driven.
- Comedy Elements: Maybe a few cleaver lines but not much of a comedy.
- Dramatic Elements: Highly dramatic with great acting
- Sci-Fi / Fantasy Elements: Some dream sequence have some neat effects but that about it.
- Acting and Dialogue: A-: The acting was very believable and Leonardo DiCaprio dose a good job even thought I am not a fan of his work generally.
- Art Direction: B+: The art direction it was a very colorful movie, which contrasted the dark content. I have to say great make-up
- Cinematography: A-: They had some very cool shoots, with a good amount of verity
- Direction: A: The movie felt a little long but over all Martin Scorsese knows what he is doing for sure.
- Editing: B: It was cut together in away that kept you thinking, and on the edge of your seat.
- Screenplay: B: It was a decent story. most people will guess the plot twist but it dose a very good job going back and fouth on the guessing game.
- Sound and Music: B: Brought an effect dark felling to the film
- VFX: B: Some of the dream sequence where neat...but it's the make up that take the cake...great make-up
- Themes: "Crazy is a normal thing here"
- Moral of the Story: The mind is a beautiful thing to waste.
- Take Home: Maybe I should get a physic test, just kidding, but really I may be crazy.