Thursday, December 8, 2011

Review: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1


Title: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
Distributor: Summit Entertainment
Director: Bill Condon
Writer(s): Melissa Rosenberg (screenplay), Stephenie Meyer (novel)
Staring: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner
MPAA Rating: Rated PG-13 for disturbing images, violence, sexuality/partial nudity and some thematic elements
Running Time: 117 min
Synopsis: The Quileute's close in on expecting parents Edward and Bella, whose unborn child poses a threat to the Wolf Pack and the towns people of Forks..

What Others Are Saying?

Rotten Tomatoes: T-Meter: 26% (Rotten), Top Critics: 27% (Rotten), Audience: 69% (Like It)
Metacritic: Critics: 45 out of 100, Users: 4.5 out of 10
MRQE Metric: 46out of 100
Yahoo Movies: Critics: NA Users: NA

My Review

Source Material: Based on the book written by Stephenie Meyer with the same name.  


Entertaining Value:

  • Action Elements: The last ten to fifteen minutes get somewhat intense but the rest of the film is very melodramatic.  
  • Comedy Elements: Some funny one liners from side charters.    
  • Dramatic Elements: This movie has layer and layer of melodramatic moments.   
  • Sci-Fi / Fantasy Elements: There is going to some sci-fi elements when dealing with "vampires" and "werewolf" but nothing to fancy that excites those parts of the brain   
Cinematic Value:
  • Acting and Dialogue: 4: Honestly the side character are better actor then main three. Out of the main three I see Robert Pattinson getting prestige awards some day cause I have seen him in better roles. Out of the entire cast the one the deserves an award, not necessarily for her character in Twilight, is Anna Kendrick cause she is fantastic in just about everything.   
  • Art Direction: 3: The only part I enjoy art wise about this film is it transformation from bright happy wedding to gloomy horror, personally that was the only redeeming factor to this film. 
  • Cinematography: 3.5: I didn't really see much that excited me visually.  
  • Direction: 1: The pacing of this film was slow. I felt like the filmmakers spent at least thirty to forty-five minutes on the wedding/ honey-moon scenes.   
  • Editing: 2: I don't think the filmmaker know what the phrase "cut away the fat." Like I said before I think they should have spent less time on the wedding/ honey moon stuff. I understand that's what the women want but come one, move along.     
  • Screenplay: 3: Can I say loop hole. I have discussed a few difference option that could have worked better than was in the film     
  • Sound and Music: 5: The music was sadly one of the best parts of the film, for me.
  • VFX: 1: One word terrible. You know this to be a fact when even the fans say, "I didn't like the special effects."   
Overall: 3: I'm way late on this review, with that being said, fans of all ages have already seen like a million times. Just look at the box office numbers. This review was more or less to get my opinion out there. Watch with cation though cause this film has caused people to pass out and even go into seizures.  

No comments: